Submission Guidelines for Theses & Dissertations
Who Can Submit
The Athenaeum Theses & Dissertations category only publishes materials about work conducted under the auspices of Theses & Dissertations. For additional information, please contact the system administrator at .
How to Submit a Paper
1. Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format (RTF), although Adobe Acrobat (PDF) is preferred.
Using the Submission Form
If you use a word-processing program other than Microsoft Word, look for an "export" or "save as" option in your program to save it as an RTF file. If you have questions, please contact the system administrator at .
Alternate Submission Method
If you have trouble using the "Submit Research" button or you are unable to convert your paper into a file acceptable for upload, please contact the system administrator at .
2. Write an abstract for your paper. It can be any length, or as defined by the style guide for your academic department or discipline. Please also select keywords. These are words that will help a user locate your paper through a search.
3. Make sure your paper is otherwise correctly formatted throughout, following the UIW thesis and dissertation formatting guidelines and the style manual used in your discipline.
4. Submit the paper by emailing it to the system administrator at . Include in the email message the following details: abstract; keywords; your name, department, program, and email address; and advisor names.
5. If you have any questions, contact the system administrator at .
Overview of the Process
After you submit your paper, we will create an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the paper. Your paper will then be reviewed to ensure that it adheres to the formatting standards of UIW and your department or discipline, and will be returned to you by email if format corrections are needed. To submit a revised paper, sign into your account, upload the file, and click submit. This process may be repeated as needed until a correctly formatted version is accepted for publication. Finally, after acceptance and confirmation of university awarding of degree, you will be notified by email when the paper is posted.
How to Revise Your Paper
If you publish this paper or a revised version elsewhere, for example in a journal, please send the citation of the new version to the system administrator at . We will be able to inform repository users about the new version.
If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit a Paper; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper.