Submission Guidelines for Doctor of Nursing Practice
Who Can Submit
Doctor of Nursing Practice only publishes materials about work conducted under the auspices of the Doctor of Nursing Practice program in the Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing and Health Professions. For additional information, please contact the system administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Submit a Paper
1. Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format for publishing. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format (RTF), although Adobe Acrobat (PDF) is preferred.
Using the Submission Form
If you use a word-processing program other than Microsoft Word, look for an "export" or "save as" option in your program to save it as an RTF file. You may then complete the submission process by selecting "Submit Research" from the left menu. If you have questions, please contact the system administrator at email@example.com.
Alternate Submission Method
If you have trouble using the "Submit Research" button or you are unable to convert your paper into a file acceptable for upload, please contact the system administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can convert files from some programs into an acceptable format.
2. Write an abstract for your paper. It can be any length, or as defined by the style guide for your academic department or discipline. Please also select keywords. These are words that will help a user locate your paper through a search.
3. Make sure your paper is otherwise correctly formatted throughout, following the UIW doctoral project guidelines and the APA style manual.
4. Submit the paper by emailing it to the system administrator at email@example.com. Include in the email message the following details: abstract; keywords; your name, affiliation (department and university), and email address; and advisor names.
5. If you have any questions, contact the system administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview of the Process
After you submit your paper, we will create an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the paper. Your paper will then be reviewed to ensure that it adheres to the formatting standards of your academic department or discipline and will be returned to you by email if format corrections are needed. To submit a revised paper, sign into your account, upload the file, and click submit. This process may be repeated several times, until a correctly formatted version is accepted for publication. Finally, after acceptance and confirmation of university awarding of degree, you will be notified by email when the paper is posted.
How to Revise Your Paper
If you publish this paper or a revised version elsewhere, for example in a journal, please send the citation of the new version to the system administrator at email@example.com. We will be able to inform repository users about the new version.
If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit a Paper; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper.